We, the members of the First Baptist Bible Church, by the grace of God, pledge to:
1) Maintain the church’s purpose to worship the Lord, lead the lost to salvation, nurture spiritual growth, and earnestly contend for the faith (Matthew 4:10, Acts 26:18; II Peter 3:18; Jude 3).
2) Maintain the church’s doctrinal soundness and purity by adhering to the teachings of God ‘s inspired, inerrant Word and by separating ourselves from all forms of apostasy and false teaching (II Corinthians 6:14-18; Philippians 1:17; I Timothy 4:13; II Timothy 3:14-4:4).
3) Maintain the church’s spiritual power and fervency by studying God ‘s word, praying, _ loving the Lord, fearing the Lord, and living a holy life, which includes separation from the world ‘s sinful activities (Joshua 1 :8; Deuteronomy 6:5; Proverbs 1 :7; I Peter 1:15,16).
4) Maintain the church ‘s emphasis upon sound Bible teaching and preaching by attending church meetings faithfully (Psalm 84:2,10; Psalm 122:1; Acts 11 :26; Hebrews I 0:25).
5) Maintain the church’s love for people by constantly developing and contributing to an atmosphere of fellowship, encouragement, friendliness, and care (John 13:34,35; I Corinthians 12:25,26; I John 1:3; I John 3:14).
6) Maintain the church’s effective functioning by stressing the importance of members serving the Lord and properly exercising their spiritual gifts (Matthew 25:14,15; Romans 12:6-8; I Corinthians 12:4-11; I Peter 4:10,11).
7) Maintain the church’s unity by being courteous in speech, being slow to take offense, refraining from un-constructive criticism, taking constructive criticism only to the proper person (or persons), and being ready always for forbearance, forgiveness, and reconciliation (Psalm 133; Matthew 18: 15-17; Ephesians 4:31,32; Philippians 4:1-4; Colossians 3:12,13).
8) Maintain the church’s financial freedom by contributing to its ministry in accordance with God’s Word and as led personally by the Holy Spirit (Malachi 3:10; Luke 6:38; Acts 20:35; II Corinthians 9:6-11).
9) Maintain the church’s commitment to support mission work financially, which is one of the ways in which believers can obey the command to preach the gospel to every creature (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 8:3; Philippians 4:10-19).
10) Maintain the church’s biblical leadership structure by submitting to the leadership of the pastor, who is the under shepherd of the flock, and by having deacons who work in cooperation with the pastor (Acts 6:1-7; I Timothy 5:17; Hebrews 13:17; I Peter 5:1-5)